|NEW LOT TAX INCENTIVES|
The Town of Asquith has introduced tax incentives for those developing on town-owned serviced lots within the next year. Individuals who develop on these lots will be owing 0% municipal taxes in year one, 50% municipal taxes in year two, 75% municipal taxes in year three, and 100% municipal taxes in year four.
550 ANDREW STREET AND 560 ANDREW STREET
Each of these lots is fully serviced with a 70' frontage and a flankage of 156.5'. They run diagonally alongside Railway Avenue and have a frontage on Andrew Street. The size of these lots would make them ideal for a multi-residential development! No modular homes will be allowed on these lots.
The cost of each lot is Thirty-five Thousand dollars, plus GST ($35,000.00 plus GST). Tax Incentives apply to these lots.
LUNN STREET SUBDIVISION
There are eight lots for sale in the 600 block of Lunn Street. Seven of the lots are 62.3' frontage and 113.25' flankage. The last lot is 101.3' frontage and narrows down to 25.9' at the back of the lot. All of these lots are for sale at Forty Thousand dollars, plus GST ($40,000.00 + GST). Tax incentives apply to these lots. These lots face the Sports Grounds.
LUNN STREET SERVICED LOTS FOR SALE ~ $40,000.00 PLUS GSTFor more information, please contact the Town Office at 329-4341.
Lots 14 to 20 are 62.3 foot frontage with a flankage of 113.25 feet.
Lot 13 is a deltoid shape which has a frontage of 101.3 feet. The back of the lot narrows down to 25.9 feet.
Tax incentives apply to all of these lots. There will be no municipal tax for the first year of ownership, 50% of municipal taxes the second year and 75% municipal taxes for the third year.
The following is the policy for the above mentioned Lunn Street Lots:
- All properties are for residential development only
- Residential development of the properties shall be designed for either single family occupancy or two-family occupancy (duplex design)
- No house shall be less than 1,100 square feet of heated area as measured on the main floor, excluding garages, porches and verandas
- Each house shall be facing the front of the property (i.e. street)
- These lots will not be allowed to be further subdivided
- All structures must remain inside the lot boundaries and cannot extend into an adjoining lot, even if two or more adjoining lots have a common owner
- If two or more adjoining lots are purchased by a common owner, each property must have a dwelling house built on it; no undeveloped lots are allowed.
- Prior to building a structure or moving a ready-to-move house onto the property, written approval of the Town of the plans and specifications of such buildings to be so constructed by be obtained in the form of a Development and Building Permit and must meet the current National Buildings Code Standards as confirmed by the Town's accredited building inspector
- The Purchaser shall be responsible to make arrangements with any public utility for connection to public utility services, and be solely responsible for the cost thereof
- No individual shall alter the integrity of the drainage currently established along Lunn Street. Should this be altered, costs to restore it will be charged back to the property taxes of that owner
- Drainage on individual lots shall not direct water onto adjacent lots
- All properties along Lunn Street shall install a culvert, at least 10 inches in diameter, under all driveway accesses to the property from Lunn Street. This is at the owner's cost. The corner lot at the intersection of Lunn Street and East Avenue is subject to the same requirement for property access from East Avenue.
- The final grade of soil against structures for each individual lot shall be as determined by Council